Wednesday 3 April 2013

Linguine with raw sausage sauce

I was thinking about starting this post with "I love pasta". But then again I should start all the posts with "I love this and that"! Let's just say I LOVE food and I will try to come up with other starting lines. :) Well anyway, I do love pasta... I have not yet tried to make some myself but I just bought a pasta machine so I hope there will be a post about that too soon. 

Yesterday evening I made some pasta sauce using raw sausages. I usually have it in the freezer because it's much easier to cut while it's just a little bit thawed. With this recipe you can make a big portions for two. The sausage I use is quite basic pork sausage, spiced slightly with nutmeg, cloves, chili and black pepper.


Ingredients

250g raw sausage
1 small onion, chopped
500g crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
2 tablespoons oil
linguine or other pasta you like

Cook the pasta. While it boils prepare the sauce. Put the oil in cold frying pan. Cut the sausage into bite size pieces (I take the skin off eventhough it is edible) and add to the pan. Put the pan on medium heat and sautee until the sausages are fried on one side, stir and fry until they have some colour on both sides. Add onions and herbs. Cook until the the onions are soft and then add crushed tomatoes and pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Check if the sauce needs salt and serve it with pasta.

Drink: Cold milk again, I love that too. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment